Synergy Air is the premiere aircraft Builder Assist Facility for Kit Aircraft, and we are growing. We are a group of highly skilled and friendly people committed to helping experimental/amateur aircraft builders build the best aircraft they can by teaching effective building techniques and strategies to achieve the best quality, safest kit aircraft.
We are currently looking for full time aircraft mechanics who will assist in fabricating, assembling, installing, and processing materials, parts, and assemblies for experimental/amateur build aircraft.
Some of the duties include:
- Using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments, assists in trimming and filing of parts. Fastening subassemblies into structural assemblies.
- Assists in the assembly of tail, wing, fuselage, or other structural sections of aircraft from parts, subassemblies, and components, such as frames, bulkheads, doors, stabilizers, and landing gear.
- Assists in laying out, assembles, installs, and tests aircraft systems to include rigging and control assemblies, plumbing and hydraulic systems, radio and electrical systems, environmental control systems, aircraft power plant assemblies, and avionics systems.
- Assists in the attachment of fiberglass sections onto structural assemblies. Using fiberglass mat, cloth, mixing catalyst into resin. Cutting and sanding of fiberglass sections to fit on to structural assemblies.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Examines and inspects engines or other components for cracks, breaks or leaks.
- Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components, and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Installs engine, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
Qualifications and Competencies needed:
- The FAA Airframe & Power Plant Certificate is preferred, but not required. Other type of mechanics experience preferred. Strong background in Avionics and Reciprocating Engines preferred.
- Must present a professional appearance; clean shaven or trimmed facial hair, work appropriate attire.
- Must be physically fit; the ability to lift and carry parts and equipment up to 50 pounds as a routine job function. Stand for lengthy periods of time, lifting, walking, and stooping. Must be able to work in confined aircraft spaces, for example aircraft tail cone.
- Near Vision – the ability to see details at close range. Attention to details.
- Ability to operate hand tools and power tools. Precision workmanship; manual dexterity; mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively. Verbal and written.
- This is a fast-paced work environment, must be quick learner. Willing an able to teach and work with customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, customer service and interaction skills, approachable.
- Computer skills for timekeeping.
- Must pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
- Must possess a valid DL & possess reliable transportation.
- This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm.
This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm.
When eligible, Synergy Air offers:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits – 50% employee paid
- Vacation Time/Sick Time
- Simple Plan – up to 3% company match
- Six paid holidays’ annually
Please send an email detailing who you are, provide a resume with work history and at least two references to email@example.com NO Phone calls or walk-ins please.